Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Kamala's Running For US Senate!

You longtime TransGriot readers know I have much love for Kamala Harris, the current two term Attorney General for the state of California

She was an Alameda County prosecutor and a San Francisco city attorney before winning her first term as the California AG after a nasty Karl Rove run fear and smear campaign in 2010. 

With the retirement of Sen Barbara Boxer (D)  looming next year, she announced yesterday that she was going to run for the US Senate seat  currently occupied by Boxer in what it sure to be a crowded Democratic primary race.

“I’m excited to share with you that I’m launching my campaign to represent the People of California in the United States Senate,” Harris wrote in an email to supporters. “Your support has been crucial to me every step of the way, and I’m asking you to help me build a grassroots campaign that reaches every community of California.”

We haven't had a female senator of African heritage since Carol Moseley-Braun became the first (and so far only African-American woman) to do so in 1992.

Could Kamala Harris be the second?   Stay tuned.

No comments: